Murdeduke Homestead

Location

Cressy Road, WINCHELSEA VIC 3241 - Property No B1123

Google Maps and Google Streetview

File Number

B1123

Level of Significance

Local

For further details go to the National Trust website
81137

Statement of Significance

The property was first owned by William Harding & James Highett. William' sister, Elizabeth, lived with them until her marriage to Thomas Austin of Barwon Park in 1845.The original house c. early 1840's was dismantled and replaced by it's next owner, Arthur Hopkins in 1875. The Gothic style 20 room bluestone homestead was designed by architects Terry and Oakden. The basalt bluestone was quarried on the property. The circular driveway in front of the house probably dates from 1854.

Classified: 09/06/1960

Municipality SURF COAST SHIRE

Create Report:

Pdf_icon_big
PDF Report

(Build 107 (35372) / 25/04/15 - 8509 places Online for National Trust ) Terms and Conditions Reset Search