Simple Search » Back to search results »   Pdf_icon  Print


ST GEORGE THE MARTYR CHURCH AND PARISH HALL

Location

16-26 HOBSON STREET QUEENSCLIFF, QUEENSCLIFFE BOROUGH

Google Maps and Google Streetview

Victorian Heritage Register (VHR) Number

H1125

Heritage Overlay Number

HO10

Level of Significance

Registered

Extent of Registration

AMENDMENT OF REGISTER OF HISTORIC BUILDINGS Historic Building No. 1125. St George the Martyr Church and Parish Hall, corner of Hobson and Mercer Streets, Queenscliff, Borough ... more

Statement of Significance

The St George the Martyr Church and Parish Hall, Queenscliff are part of a complex that originally also included a Vicarage, all three attributed to the Melbourne architect, Albert Purchas. The Church was constructed in 1863-64 of locally quarried limestone, with a stuccoed brick tower added in 1878 and further extensions made in 1887 and 1958. The former Vicarage greatly altered and not part of this registration, was built of brick in 1865-66 and remained in use ... more

Year Construction Started 1863
Architectural Style Victorian Period (1851-1901) Gothic Revival
Heritage Act Categories Heritage place
Municipality QUEENSCLIFFE BOROUGH

Create Report:

Pdf_icon_big
PDF Report

(Build 107 (35372) / 25/04/15 - 102785 places Online ) Terms and Conditions Reset Search