Simple Search » Back to search results »   Pdf_icon  Print


COURT HOUSE

Location

123 MAIN STREET BACCHUS MARSH, Moorabool Shire

Google Maps and Google Streetview

Victorian Heritage Register (VHR) Number

H1461

Heritage Overlay Number

HO7

Level of Significance

Registered

Extent of Registration

Amendment of Register of Government Buildings Bacchus Marsh Shire Court House, Main Street, Bacchus Marsh. [Victoria Government Gazette No. G39 12 October 1988 ... more

Statement of Significance

The Bacchus Marsh Court House was built in 1858-59. It was designed by Samuel White of the Public Works Department. White was employed as a draftsman with the Public Works Department from 1857 until 1863. The contractor was William Jackson. It replaced an earlier court house erected at nearby Maddingly in 1856-57, which survives as part of the local tennis club. Maddingly had been surveyed earlier as a township, but by the late 1850s Bacchus Marsh was ... more

Year Construction Started 1858
Architectural Style Victorian Period (1851-1901) Free Classical
Heritage Act Categories Heritage place
Municipality MOORABOOL SHIRE

Create Report:

Pdf_icon_big
PDF Report

(Build 107 (35372) / 25/04/15 - 102772 places Online ) Terms and Conditions Reset Search