Simple Search » Back to search results »   Pdf_icon  Print


BARWON HEADS GOLF CLUB CLUBHOUSE

Location

GOLF LINKS ROAD BARWON HEADS, GREATER GEELONG CITY

Google Maps and Google Streetview

Victorian Heritage Register (VHR) Number

H2258

Heritage Overlay Number

HO1672

Level of Significance

Registered

Extent of Registration

1. All the land marked L1 on Diagram 2258 held by the Executive Director, being part of the land described in Certificate of Title Volume 08139 Folio 871. 2. All the building ... more

Statement of Significance

The Barwon Heads Golf Club clubhouse was built in 1923-4 to the designs of the architectural firm Klingender & Hamilton. The club had been first established north of the township in 1907 and moved to its present site in 1920. The new course was designed by Vic East, the professional at the Royal Melbourne Golf Club, and was built in 1920-22. In 1922 it was decided that a new clubhouse should be built. The Geelong architects Buchan Laird & Buchan were ... more

Year Construction Started 1923
Heritage Act Categories Heritage place
Municipality GREATER GEELONG CITY

Create Report:

Pdf_icon_big
PDF Report

(Build 107 (35372) / 25/04/15 - 102785 places Online ) Terms and Conditions Reset Search