Simple Search » Back to search results »   Pdf_icon  Print


SMYTHESDALE COURT HOUSE

Location

64 BROOKE STREET SMYTHESDALE, GOLDEN PLAINS SHIRE

Google Maps and Google Streetview

Victorian Heritage Register (VHR) Number

H1653

Heritage Overlay Number

HO69

Level of Significance

Registered

Extent of Registration

Amendment of Register of Government Buildings Grenville Shire Court House, Smythesdale. [Victoria Government Gazette No. G39 12 October 1988 ... more

Statement of Significance

The Court House at Smythesdale was built in 1860 as a Court of Petty Sessions, the year before it was proclaimed a municipality and the first land sales took place. It originally contained a main court room, adjacent holding cell providing direct access to the dock, and two rooms at the rear. A drawing, showing the addition of another room to the north at the rear and a front verandah, was undertaken in 1866, signed by Peter Kerr of the Public Works Department. These ... more

Year Construction Started 1860
Architectural Style Victorian Period (1851-1901) Free Classical
Heritage Act Categories Heritage place
Municipality GOLDEN PLAINS SHIRE

Create Report:

Pdf_icon_big
PDF Report

(Build 107 (35372) / 25/04/15 - 102765 places Online ) Terms and Conditions Reset Search